Friday, August 27, 2010

Various - The Brave And The Bold

I've been listening to the Tortoise & Bonnie 'Prince' Billy album, "The Brave And The Bold," (which can be found here) a lot in my car lately.  I've had it for several years and just rediscovered it again.  It's a grower of an album.  I also kept thinking how the originals sounded.  Sure, we all probably know Daniel and Thunder Road (but I didn't know them all that well).  So, after the 30th listening,  I decided to track down the originals, which I did tonight.  All songs are the album cuts, except for Melanie's song, which is a live rendition (if anyone has the "Gather Me" album, I couldn't find a good link to save my soul).   I'm going to burn this to cd and throw it in the car to compare.  I'm not really certain this is going to be any good together.  We'll see.

01 Milton Nascimento - Cravo e Canela
02 Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
03 Minutemen - It's Expected I'm Gone
04 Elton John - Daniel
05 Lungfish - Love Is Love
06 Don Williams - Pancho
07 Devo - That's Pep!
08 Melanie - Some Say (I Got Devil)
09 Richard & Linda Thompson - Calvary Cross
10 Quix*o*tic - On My Own

Check it (email me)

Fyi: For now I didn't bother with any artwork.

1 comment:

  1. What's up! Nice to see you're still at it...

    Hope you and the fam are doing well!

    ReplyDelete