Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tortoise - Remixed

Tortoise - Remixed (Thrill Jockey, thrill 12.09, 1998) (320)

I love Tortoise.  Easily one of the most talented band going right now.  I got the pleasure of seeing them a couple times a few years back, and both shows were fantastic.  I almost saw them a few years earlier with Daniel Lanois, oh well.  A buddy of mine saw them play with Mouse On Mars... now that would have been nuts.  I don't care, I'm glad I saw 'em.  I think the Standards album is my favorite of theirs, but this is a solid package from a while back.  Remixes by UNKLE, Luke Vibert, Markus Popp (of Oval and Microstoria), Jim O'Rourke, Spring Heel Jack, and band members: John McEntire and Bundy K. Brown.

1. DJED (Bruise Blood Mix by UNKLE)
2. TJED (Remix by John McEntire)
3. Bubble Economy (Remix by Markus Popp)
4. Learning Curve (Remix by Markus Popp)
5. Galapagos Version One (Remix by Spring Heel Jack)
6. Reference Resistance Gate (Remix by Jim O'Rourke)
7. Taut & Tame (Luke Vibert Remix)
8. Find The One (Remix by Bundy K. Brown)

I doubt you need another review on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment