Monday, September 12, 2011

Various - Coffee Table Music


Various - Coffee Table Music (Compiled By Grantby) (Cup Of Tea Records, COT CD 018, 1998) (320)

I remember stumbling upon this at a record store and checking it out at the listening-station.  I thought it was pretty good, so I bought it.  It is a compilation that I go back to every once in a while.  I'm not really familiar with any of the artists on here, nor have I checked out their individual back catalogs.

01 Brown Susan – How We Used To Live
02 Narcoleptics, The – High Over Glenelg
03 Brothers Grimm – Chase Scene *3
04 Jobclub Music Workshop – Large Block Of Flats
05 Picturebox – Glass Shards
06 Grantby – Timebooth
07 Kaysound Fashion – Don't Trust The Brains Trust
08 Emiliano – Vamos A La Playa
09 Albert Hall – R53
10 Kirk Lake – Dementia Pugilistica

Decent Amazon review:
this album is a well-chosen collection of instrumental trip-hop and mood-music that sounds like the soundtrack to an unwritten film-noir masterpiece. Compiled by the master of dark, jazzy beats music, Grantby, this album is well worth experiencing.
Check it (email me)

1 comment:

  1. wow; I think I'll enjoy a cup of tea music while I read my blogs!

    ReplyDelete