Sunday, September 18, 2011

Various - Quango Sport


Various - Quango Sport (Quango/Island, 1996) (320)

Compiled by Jason Bentley.  Mixed by Jun Of Umoja Hi-Fi.

Well, since the Quango comps are all the rage here download-wise, I'll post some more.  I probably have ten more or so.  This one is good.  There are some quite excellent tracks here indeed.  Listening to it now, it surprises me that this was 15 years ago.  I mean, not really, these tracks live (in my mind) from that time in the late 90's where drum n bass was so vital and interesting.  It was a fun time, all the nineties really.  Started with LTJ Bukem, then Big Bud (which I'll post at some point), Roni Size, then DJ DB on one side and Dieselboy on the other.  Hospital Records, Breakbeat Science, etc.  Maybe I should grab a bunch of those mixes and post 'em up.  I have a bunch.  It's nice to hear this, now, for me.  I'm only on track two and it is totally bringing me back.  Gonna have to throw this into the car player tomorrow for further inspection (best listening time!).

01 Cool Breeze – Can't Deal With This (Kid Loops Vocal Mix)
02 Cloud 9 – Jazzmin
03 Doc Scott – Far Away
04 Tricky – Brand New You're Retro (Alex Reece Mix)
05 Alex Reece – Feel The Sunshine (Vocal Mix)
06 Aquasky – Desires (DJ Krust Remix)
07 Kid Loops – Alien Resident
08 Adam F – Circles
09 JMJ & Richie – Universal Horn
10 Nobukazu Takemura – Searching (Roni Size Remix)

Marginal outside review:
A good introduction to the possibilities available to progressive drum n' bass, this Jungle compilation picks up where other compilations have left off, giving direction to a previously misinterpreted genre. With cohesive (smooth blend) mixing by Jun of Umoja HiFi and careful compiling done by Jason Bentley, this CD paints an audible picture of the future of dance music, bringing in soul, jazz and hip- hop influences.


No comments:

Post a Comment